Get a Grip on your Property or Home
Know the Facts, DIY the Basics and Better Manage the Results.
Home Management BasicPLANNING AND RESEARCH Whether you are looking to repair, renovate or rehab a property, do you homework. Research what you want, pricing and watch how-to videos so you KNOW the process and extraneous variable before deciding to DIY the project or higher contractors, and if you need permits, get them.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT Once you understand HOW things are done, you can save money by doing your own demolition, purchasing your own materials and even doing the finishing touches yourself, and just having contractors do the hard stuff..
CONSULTING, DIY AND SERVICES . Call me if you are looking for consultation on a job, are looking to remodel and want a 3D design, need a Home Management Plan in Excel or are looking at a new project, problem or investment opportunity.
Top 10 Construction Facts
Notes, Tips and Advice:1. Don't pay more than 50% up front
2. Create a contract with progress-to-pay
3. Know the facts and the process
4. Contractors charge 3-4X Costs
5. Save BIG by buying materials
6. DIY The Basics to save money
7. Monitor and Manage all work
8. Check references and work
9. IF permits are needed, get them
10. Bring in inspectors if necessary
Check out my Contractor Do's and Don'ts